Level: Beginner/ Intermediate/ Expert
Real estate owners (public and private). This course is designed to help municipalities understand how they can steer embodied carbon emissions in public construction projects where they are the investors, but also in local private projects.
- Introduction to embodied carbon and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
- Why is embodied carbon in construction projects becoming more important and more regulated?
- Review of background ISO and EN standards, and current status of related national regulations and local requirements for construction projects.
- Presentation of results from the City Policy Framework for Dramatically Reducing Embodied Carbon Project Reducing Embodied Carbon study and review of best policies.
- Presentation of selected best practices based on pioneering real life case studies.
- Presentation of how One Click LCA tools can support professionals that work on municipality projects to approach and work easily with embodied carbon.
- Review of partnership opportunities offered by Bionova, developers of One Click LCA.